Some very cool new and updated Geographic Information Systems (GIS) maps coming out of British Columbia.
- FishWizard (Fisheries and Oceans Canada and Province of British Columbia)
- MapPlace.ca (Ministry of Energy and Mines, Province of British Columbia)
- Online Cadastre (Ministry of Sustainable Resource Management, Province of British Columbia), probably the first of its kind in North America, and designed for locating and displaying detailed information on Crown land holdings, as well as alienated Crown land (private property). Government users can also link directly to Tantalis GATOR, the Crown Land Registry Services database where digitized legal survey plans, surveyor’s fieldbooks, and Crown Grant documents are found.
- Provincial Base Map (Ministry of Sustainable Resource Management, Province of British Columbia)
- Aquifers and Water Wells in British Columbia (Ministry of Water, Land and Air Protection, Province of British Columbia; a description of this service is at http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/wat/
- MapView Lite (Ministry of Forests, Province of British Columbia)
- Forest Service Recreation Maps (Ministry of Forests, Province of British Columbia; not quite GIS, but large scale maps)
- Natural Areas Atlas for the Capital Region (Capital Regional District, BC)
- VanMap (City of Vancouver)
- GISInquiry (City of Richmond)