Now here’s a novel idea – instead of telling instructor’s they need to move their courses online, ask them to:
- Determine a goal you would like to achieve in your teaching and/or your student’s learning
- Develop an instructional strategy to accomplish the goal.
- Select an element of the Course Management System (CMS) that can be used in the strategy.
- Identify what skills in the use of the CMS you need to develop in order to implement the strategy.
- Identify any software you need to learn as part of that skill development.
This seemes fascinating on a number of levels – both as a really interesting faculty adoption model, and also for its mapping of CMS features to pedagogical goals. – SWL